If you want to success with Happy Low Carb, there are 3 simple rules that you must follow during the program (at least 3 weeks). If you break these rules, you will fail.
#1. Don’t eat carbohydrate food, including: all bread, rice (including brown), cereal, potatoes, pasta, tortillas, and fried food with breading. Eat these food will get you fatter, they increase insulin in your body and make your body store fat and make you hungry faster. These are typical carb foods:
- Coke Light/Low-calorie beverages are only allowed 3 bottles/week
- Especially, you are not allowed any fruit, its fructose will damage your whole diet plan.
- Drink as much water as you want, and red wine is only allowed 2 glass/night.
- Coffee and tea are allow but they have to be unsweetened, without any sugar
#3. Make your food list simple, eat only a few meals over again. There are too many types of foods, and you can easily accidentially eat food that contains carbohydrate that ruins your whole effort. The following list are foods that help you lose weight effectively, just construct your meal base on this list you will be safe.
- Proteins: Eggs, Chickens, Beef, Fist, Pork.
- Beans and legumes: black beans, lentils, Pinto beans, red beans, soybeans
- Vegetables: Spinach, Mixed vegetables (including broccoli, cauliflower, or any other cruciferous vegetables)*Sauerkraut, kimchee (full explanation of these later in “Damage Control”)AsparagusPeasBroccoliGreen beans
This list of food is from the famous book of Tim Ferriss: The 4-hour Body.
Keep it simple, eat these food as much as you want but don’t try to eat other foods in your first 3 weeks, otherwise there are highly chance that you will lose the game.
Don’t worry that you can not make it, you can take a day break per week eating anything you want.